Tuesday, May 25, 2010

J.T. is still Alive

Greetings gang. Its been quite a while since I last posted. Would you believe just before Christmas!!?? 5 Months is a long time.
I continue to train as an ultra-distance trail runner and still cross train should I jump back into some triathlons this year.
Raced in the Fools 50k ultra in late March. It was the muddiest by far, that I have been involved in. The elite racers finish in around 4 hours...but for the back of the packers like me...you are talking about another 3-4 hours dealing with the rain and the muck.. We got it done and we move on. I hope to run a 100 miler this year but have yet to totally commit to one race. In the meantime, I love my time in the woods...free lancing some trails and clearing my mind.
The job has required a ton of mind-clearing, as our Cleveland Cavaliers were dumped by the Celtics in the playoffs..and now, we face, each day, a new rumor about LeBron James future and that has many Cleveland fans near suicidal!!!
My son, Patrick is now a personal trainer..and a spin instructor. That makes me very proud that he got into triathlons and working on his fitness. Lately, he has ditched his car (in our driveway) and commutes to his apartment in Ohio City on his bike.
The Bride continues to train clients..kick her hubbies butt and conduct boot camps and Pilates workshops.
Hope all of your training and racing is going well
Life's a Blast!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

glad to hear you got thru that 50k. A 100 miler...WOW....better man than I am.

Post more.....catch ya later...and enjoy that training you've got goin on!

Rainmaker said...

Thanks for the update! Glad to hear things are going well on all fronts.

Keep on truckin!

Tea said...

Every day, I have to listen to Mike and the boy's talking about all the free-agents and the "free-agent" meeting! :)

Glad to hear your training is on track. 100 miler....totally out of my league.

Missy said...

Just when I was about to delete your blog;) I kid but I AM thinking about an ultra trail run these days, mmmm???

Lily on the Road said...

Congrat's on the 50K JT!

BTW, I just about fell over when I saw you up on my blogroll again, welcome back!

personal training sydney said...

Really trustworthy blog. Please keep updating with great posts like this one. I have booked marked your site and am about to email it to a few friends of mine that I know would enjoy reading.Andrew Marks Personal Training Sydney