Wednesday, May 7, 2008

TRIATHLON TRANSITION aka "SUPERSTITION

I warned you in my previous post that I would write a take-off on Stevie Wonders hit Superstition. So..sorry dear bloggers, the version is on this post...however..a quick training update...

Monday, the Bride taught at Harmony Studios at 4:45 in downtown Willoughby. I tagged along but did something impulsive.. Yes, sore left foot and all, I mapped out a route from the Studio, through Willoughby Hills, through part of North Chagrin and over to Fitworks in Richmond Heights where she was teaching a 6:45pm class. I know I had injury issues, but stupidly, I forged ahead. All went well. The total run was a whisker under 12.0 miles.. Other than a slightly sore left knee, I made it okay. Had 16 oz bottle of water. Had one Gu and bought a bottle of Gatorade at about 1 hour, 40 minutes into the run. Took 2 hours, 5 minutes without really pushing any pace. Even did 15 minutes elliptical while The Bride made human pretzels out of her clients at Fitworks.

Wednesday, I got back into a pool for my first swim workout in about 5 months. Willoughby YMCA. Did 2300 yards.. 44 minutes. Felt very strong..Had good mechanics. Felt effortless. I think I will Swim across Lake Erie. Haha.

So the work is being done, and the Cleveland Half Marathon is lurking..like the IRS around mid April.
Now, first of all, heres YouTube version of Stevies Superstition. And heres my version.. but its called Triathlon Transition. .(BY TRIGUYJT)

Triathlon Transition, from water to the road
Triathlon Transition, make sure you carbo load.

13-hundred tri-bikes, hanging on their racks.
Have that Gu or a banana, expect to go the MAX.

Ohh, when your wetsuit is stuck and you can't yank it off,
you suffer.....
Tri-Transition rules the day.

Ohh Triathlon Transition, can screw up your race plans.
Forget your chip or helmet, or neglect to use the can.

Keep it in a daydream
Kona's where we belong.

You had better conserve heart beats,
you've got to bike real long,

But when you forget somethings, it can blow up all your plans,
then you suffer...
Tri-Transition has the last say, yeh yeh.

Oooh Triathlon Transition, volunteers point the way,
Family wants some pictures, but tell em you can't stay.

13-hundred tri-bikes..ridden hard and put away wet...
Several hours of fluid loss, its your toughest challenge yet.

So, when you ingest weird things that your stomach hadn't planned,
you suffer...
Tri-Transition rules the day...... yeah-ehhh
*** ****************************
Should I copyright this...haha

19 comments:

Brian said...

you're in show business. why not do the video. i'm sure we could get lots of local talent.

If you goto boston for some of the games watch out for the cabs. They have really hard doors.

Marcy said...

LOL You're sooooo cute! I love it! You know, that's pretty good! I could never make up a song like that on the fly.

Kevin said...

Pretty cool. Now you just need to get someone to record it . Thats a pretty impressive swim workout after 5 months off

Rainmaker said...

See...now you have to sing/record it. It's kinda required when you write a song. Or you can alternatively find some rather attractive female to do it for you. That's the only two options.

Charlie said...

Swim the lake!!
what an.......... interesting idea.

Transition superstition sounds like a good topic on its own.

RunBubbaRun said...

dang, 2300meters in 44 minutes, I know that would take me twice the time to do that..

Yeah, you need to make a youtube momement out of the song..

Wes said...

You missed your calling :-) Impressive first day back in the pool!!

Viv said...

Way to go on the 12 miler & elliptical. I am glad the body handled it well you animal!

OK copyright it and record it. I loved it!! I read it to the tune of the music.

jahowie said...

Great song!! LOL!! Can you imagine how much air time it would get in Cleveland if you actually made a video?!?! LOL!! You would never hear the end of it.

Nice job on the workouts!!

Anonymous said...

very nice!! This song has been stuck in my head the past few days ;)

Mnowac said...

that's actually really good! Nicely done.

Jane said...

That's great. Now, I'm going to be humming this during my races.

Lily on the Road said...

I'll be humming this while doing my first tri.....

thanks...

Unknown said...

Love it!!! Made me smile. :)

Donald said...

That's one of the greatest songs of all time ... Stevie's not yours. Yours would be cool with a slick video, though.

BTW, I'm sticking pins in a KG doll for your Cavs this week. It's LBJ's time - I hope.

crazy tri mama said...

Hilarious! Crack me up! You really should be on American Idol or somethin'!

By the way, I am swimming across Lake Erie in August. Our team is looking for more people........

Interested????

I'd say see ya in cleveland next weekend, but me thinks you might just finish a wee bit ahead of this gal!!

Patricio said...

That was fun!
Great stuff man.
P

The Lazy Triathlete said...

I have to agree with Brian. Do a video and use it for a local race.

Triteacher said...

Ooh, gotta love that funk -- I will know exactly who to thank if I start shakin' my booty in my next transition!